Thursday 7 September 2017

Salad makes me sad...

Yes, eating salad makes me sad and cake makes me happy...oh so very happy!



I grew up on curry, rice, meat and potatoes. Salad was a side dish somewhere along the lines. I never had salad as a main meal ever! Well until my metabolism died when I turned 25...

So cue the broccoli and all other veggies and salad stuff. It is extremely hard to start liking all these veggies after 25 years of being on the planet and your palate being used to other deliciousness. It is now 11 years later and I still don't have the palate for most veggies 😭

I hate veggies - there I said it. Look, maybe hate is a strong word right now...but when you are deprived of some carbs and white potato, let's just say you tend to become...well..a tad bit emotional 😅

So I decided that in future I will cut up everything really small like the pic above. I did it last night with broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snaps & baby corn. I quite like sugar snaps and baby corn so by cutting it up this way, I barely tasted the broccoli and cauliflower. Every mouthful had a taste of something I liked and it was a much more pleasurable eating experience. 

I told my hubby yesterday that I know how good broccoli is for me, but when I eat it, it just feels like a piece of death in my mouth 👎.
He couldn't understand that because he loves veggies.

I also quite like veggie soup, and I make a mean green veg soup. So although it is definitely not soup weather anymore, I will be eating some soup because it is easier to get my veggies in that way.

My daughter loves broccoli & asparagus and I caught myself telling her last week that she just can't eat her green veg only - she must eat protein too. Then I realised what I said and I was like, oh shut up Sam, you don't want her to end up like you! There you go sweetheart...you can have my broccoli too!




1 comment:

  1. Ooh I also hate eating veggies! Have to force myself to get it in.

    ReplyDelete