Friday 18 August 2017

When cold pressed organic coconut oil is just not doing anything for your Dry hair...or straw?

This is the first winter where I have really struggled with dry hair, dry skin, dry lips, just dry everything! It has been a frustrating battle, but I think I have managed to pin down my entire body moisturizing routine and I will make note to remember everything for next winter.

I am gifted with very soft hair, but this was the first time in decades where my hair was beginning to feel and look like straw. It did not feel luscious and I loathed the way it was looking. I had been using Davines NaturalTech Energising Shampoo since Feb and while it is great for growth, it's quite drying.

So about 5 or so weeks ago, I accidentally discovered the Macadamia Professional range and pondered about it for a few days before deciding to order. I cannot express what a good idea that has been since I clicked on order. 

I ordered online from www.hairhousewarehouse.com and my order was delivered in 24 hours right to my front door. Yes, this is why I love online shopping - no need to schlep to the shops & get some exercise in, I can sit on my big behind and click, click, click 👍👍👍

Now back to the actual product...From the very first use there was quite a noted difference. My hair was soft, silky and smooth again. I had to use very little product even though my hair is below shoulder length. The handy pumps are great for preventing wastage and just one pump of shampoo and then conditioner was more than sufficient to clean my hair.

I was very wary because most products with oils in weigh my fine hair down. I got the shampoo & conditioner combo for fine hair and it has been fabulous. They have products for medium and course hair as well.

This product is sulphate & paraben free and has macadamia, argan, avocado & walnut oils in as well as collagen & vitamins A,C & E. Look, there are a lot of other ingredients in there as well and I generally go for natural products, but I have to be honest and say that the cold pressed organic coconut oil was just not doing anything for me this time. 

I try to wash my hair 2-3 times a week (the ultimate word being try, because with 2 small kids, life is busy and hair washing takes a back seat). This product has really improved the look and feel of my hair and it's only been a few weeks of use. I have used a mask instead of conditioner in my hair for the last 16 years, so I was really skeptical to use just conditioner, but this one is so moisturising and you need very little.

So there you have it...now I can swish my hair to & fro, side to side and not worry about a random horse thinking it's his food! 

PS: this is NOT a paid review from HairhouseWarehouse or Macadamia Professional. I purchased these products with my own, hard earned $$$, but I just thought I'd let you know, because sharing is caring and all that...
This is the combo I purchased. It's the 500ml bottles

No comments:

Post a Comment